Wednesday, October 19, 2011

#8 LibGuide in Spanish

First let me congratulate the folks who set this up on their hard work - it looks great (or it would if I read more than a word or two of Spanish)!

I missed only one on the quiz:  I couldn't find any reference to Laboratorio de idiomas (Language Laboratory) hours.  I found hours that a patron would need to sign up for Rosetta Stone between, but no actual hours of the lab - even when it gave me the answer after I missed the question.

As for Using the LibGuide to help a patron, I would first have to get someone who speaks Spanish to help!

Incidentally, only minimal parts of the page translate into German when you use the page translator.  It did look like it translated well to Russian, but I don't read much more of it than I do Spanish.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya--if you copy and paste the whole url into Google Translate, you can read it and then help someone with the spanish version :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just meant that since I don't speak Spanish, I would have a hard time helping someone who "No hablo Englais" (probably not spelled right, and probably not grammatically correct either!)

    ReplyDelete