Wednesday, October 19, 2011

#7 Dropbox vs Google Docs

Well, I have to say that I don't really like the idea of trusting ANY kind of sensitive information to the vagaries of someone else's computer security.  Our own local law enforcement recently learned that lesson.

That said, if I were to use these services, which one would depend on what I wanted to use it for.  Sounds like dropbox would be great for sharing information while on a trip - even a business trip.  But Google Docs sounds like it has more flexibility in terms of document types...

I believe I would base any recommendation to patrons on what it was they wanted to do.

I had to use Internet Explorer to do this task, instead of Mozilla, because Webolution right now locks up the latest version of Mozilla.  It required me to get completely out of Mozilla and clean the computer's cache before I could get Mozilla working again.  I have encountered the same problem for the past month, which is why I am so tardy in completeing this task:  I HATE Internet Explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment