Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Task 10: New Year = new website!

As near as I can tell, everything is available through the new website and then some.  I don't think anything is confusing in the way it's set up (other than that it's Different - more on that in a mo). 

I think the new website will be overall easier to use for just about everyone.  With the majority of the selections being directly visible, a lot of confusion should be eliminated for the many computer novices we have as patrons.  The only confusion I foresee is that it's Different from what we had.  It looks Different. It's organized Different.  (and so on...)  Change being tough for many, I would anticipate a wave of negativity before people settle in and "the new" becomes "the norm".  As long as we're patient (and make certain to be up on the differences before-hand), this too shall pass.  Congrats to everyone who's worked so hard on getting it ready.  I think it will be a much more user-friendly portal into the world of our Library!  (Even if we have to drag a few folks kicking & screaming into the 21st century...)  Change is life and "Devil take the hindmost"!

No comments:

Post a Comment