Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Task #4 my fave EReader

Based on having looked at most of the EReaders and tried them out, I have judged that I would not purchase an EReader, unless I were doing a lot of traveling.  That said, my cell phone is a Blackberry Torch, and a new app has just become available for it that would allow me to use IT as an EReader.  Since it's already purchased, and the app would be free, I would likely choose that option - why waste money I don't have, right?  For my reading, I prefer a real, honest-to-mergatroid book.  Musty paper-smell and all.  With my finances being what they are, I even get most of my reading from the Library - just can't get past that free part!   :D   My only real interest in EReaders in on my son's behalf, as they have been recommended for him as an alternative to things like the hand-held gaming systems.

From what I read about the first three steps to downloading a book for my phone, they would be:
1)  Download the app
2)  Bring up the application which is supposed to link me directly to a browsing-enabled selection of titles.  It's supposed to also be possible to connect to other options, which would lead to other steps.  (Since my phone is internet-capable, I would probably be able to even go the Overdrive route in some manner.)
3)  Depends on the title - for free ones, immediately download.  For not-so-free titles, they have to be purchased prior to downloading.  not likely in my case  !~)

No comments:

Post a Comment